Monday, January 7, 2013

Baby Shower Love

When I first learned to crochet (and for many years after) I had almost zero interest in making blankets. I wanted projects that were finished much faster, and didn't require as much of an investment in yarn. Baby blankets have been a nice compromise, as they were obviously much smaller than the average adult sized blankie :) A coworker of mine recently had a precious baby girl, and I made her an adorable blanket for her baby shower. I found out her favorite colors were purple and green after I had already started making the blanket, so that worked out well!!
100_0687
It was make using Caron Simply Soft, and I just made up the pattern as I went along. Easy-peasy! I also made cupcakes for the baby shower, complete with little fondant buttons dusted with some edible shimmer powder. They were super yummy!
I love baby showers!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment