Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Last Week

What a busy week it has been! I got a lot of stuff marked off of my "to do" list, and yet as soon as I mark one thing off, another takes it's place. That doesn't seem right! :)  We got a tiny, tiny bit of snow last week, much to the kiddos delight. We usually don't see too much snow around here, so even the smallest amount is cause for celebration. Raleigh is ill prepared for most mild harsh winter weather, so a two hour delay was in effect for the schools.  I let the kids out of the house to romp around in the bits of fluff that stuck to our walkway, and they had a blast in the 15 minutes or so they were outside before deeming it too cold!

 3/52


Saturday night was a laid back movie night, and I got to use my new (old) hot air popper! It was a gift from my parents for Christmas, and I was very excited to use it. We had one when I was a child, and it was such fun! The kids loved seeing the popcorn come spewing out into the bowl! Air popped popcorn is so much tastier than microwave popcorn! Just add a little melted butter and some salt, and you're in business. When I was a kid, we used to add some jello powder for a fruity kick. We may have to try that next time!


Ahh, memories.

My ripple blanket journey continues, albeit a little slower than I had imagined. Life and other projects keep getting in the way, but I'm crocheting a row or two whenever I can. I'm really liking it so far, although part of me wishes I had separated the green/pink rows with another row of white. Oh well, too late now!


No comments:

Post a Comment